I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Patience, patience and more patience

What a trying time for me :) I have always struggled with patience and this is sure a test for me. I learned that the papers are drawn up for Abigail in Uganda and signed off by her mother. They are ready to have us! However the United States is not so ready to send us. It takes up to 90 days for the I-600A to process and we are still waiting for the home study to be finalized. Michigan is known as one of the slowest states in the nation to process so it looks like we'll be able to go at the end of January. A month later than I had hoped for. (Key word "I") I am however continuing to pray that our application will be the exception and we'll get it in time to travel sooner. Please continue to pray with us! I am now reminded that all things are in "his" time and not my own. No matter how much I want to go in December, God will send us when everything is perfect for us to travel. I will release all control to him. I feel entirely helpless and impatient at this point but I will continue to put my faith in him that only he knows the perfect time. It's like being pregnant, you're getting bigger and bigger and yet there's no due date! Nobody can tell you when the baby's coming! I had Nolan 6 weeks early so I never had to worry about patience when I was pregnant! Other than that we are having a spiritually awesome week and we see the Holy Spirit working within us everyday. GOD is so great! Nolan's birthday is fast approaching and grandma and grandpa H will be arriving for the celebration! Nolan is so excited. It's the first year he'll have a "big boy" party with his little buddies :) my baby is growing up :) This week I will find comfort in Psalm 37: 7-9 I hope this week finds your souls beautiful and heart open. God Bless Heather Psalm 37:7-9 Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment