I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.

Matthew 21:22 (NKJV) I told myself that I wasn't going to write until I had news. I wanted to have news that we had the home study in our hands. And we do! Do you see the picture of the envelope? This is our immigration papers that went out today!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for a swift and smooth process of them. I was so happy to get them out the door today, that was a big step for us! We had a couple of hang ups today with paperwork but with a lot of prayer and a whole lot of faith it all went out today. I sat in the parking lot of the post office and sobbed as I prayed over the papers. I couldn't stop sobbing, I was so emotional. I'm sure people walking by thought I was nuts, and I'm sure when I got inside I looked like a wreck! Every step is an enormous amount of hope and encouragement to get our Abby and at times it is overwhelming and emotional. I just prayed that the holy spirit would touch anyone who touched those papers. So from here we will keep praying and direct our eyes on him to guide us through more patience :) My dear Nolan turned 6 years old on Friday. I can hardly believe it. I feel like I was just pregnant and he was just born. He's doing so well in school and he's just growing up into such a wonderful boy. I can't tell you how proud of him I am. Best of all his heart is with Jesus and that makes me gleam. My parents came for the weekend to celebrate the big birthday with us, it's always fun when they can come for a few days. Next time we see them is when they will be here to take care of Nolan while we travel to Uganda. They are on their long journey back to North Dakota :) Sometimes I really miss home. Well I haven't brought myself to making the appointment for our shots yet. I feel like I'm going to pass out when I think about it. Currently I am in denial that I need them. At this point I feel more and more vulnerable. My heart is open wide waiting to receive this child and I have to remind myself that this is all in "his" plan. I have been waiting and wanting my entire life to adopt, I sometimes have to pinch myself that we're really mid process of it. I try to imagine the day we see her for the first time, the first hug, getting off the airplane at home. All those "first's" that are going to be such a different experience than we've ever been through. It's hard to wrap my hands around it. I posted some pictures of us finally. It took me a few weeks to get them downloaded off the camera as I am so slow with that! They are from various dates in the last month :) Have a blessed week! We love you all! "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment