I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Friday, October 16, 2009

The Osborn Bead Company open for business



I believe the paperwork is finalized! We are sending the last lump  you see in the picture to Uganda on Monday! That paperwork is 3 1/2 months of blood, sweat, tears and lots of papers. You would never think you could have so much paperwork to get! The gold seals you see is the Great Seal of Michigan stamped on each one! Jason had to travel to Grand Rapids on Thursday to have them all Apostled. After a "Paperwork hangup" some notarized copies that could have caused a major delay, we'd like to personally thank Barbara at the Secretary of States Office and Luke and Jennifer at National City Bank for helping Jason out last minute. Their guidance and kindness was able to save us an extra trip and a few days of waiting. We know that God sent you on Thursday and we are so grateful. You will go down in the history of this adoption as having a significant impact.

I can't tell you how relieved I am to have this paperwork done! This has haunted me in my sleep the last few months! Now we are just waiting for the I-171 from immigration! I did get a letter today saying they have received our application so we pray that it will go swiftly. We are so anxious for Abigail to come!

We are so blessed. Jason and I are still fundraising! We are selling beads made from recycled magazines that the women in the refugee camps hand make in Uganda. They are a HOT item! We can't keep them in stock! They are SO beautiful and they bring such awareness to Uganda which is so close to my heart. Tomorrow we are going to be at the Mattawan Middle School for the craft show with all of our beads. Please pray for great weather and for people willing to learn more about Uganda! I will eventually be taking orders with on the this blog but I can't keep enough in stock long enough to post them! We are so fortunate that we had a friend come back from a visit in Uganda and she was able to pick up the beads for us. God just keeps making everything work out so perfectly!

The most important thing to Jason and I tomorrow is that we raise awareness about adopting an international child and awareness of the struggles outside of the United States. We are just versed in Uganda so we choose to talk about it with everyone we meet. My greatest hope is that someone will be inspired by our story and consider their own adoption or mission trip perhaps. One person CAN make a difference in this great big world.

Finally, I want to end with the sweetest story. Jason came home today with a gift from a student of his in his 5th grade class. The gift bag was bright yellow which had a homemade picture attached to it that said "Welcome to Mattawan Abigail." It took my breath away. Inside the bag was an adorable and probably the softest stuffed puppy I have ever touched. Then there was a homemade card that was nothing short of angelic.

It said, "Dear Abigail, I hope you like your new home! I also hope you like your stuffed animal puppy! I picked it out myself, pick any name for it. Take good care of it! It's a golden retriever, I think, but you can make it another breed! Happiness from, (signed her name) xoxoxoxoxoxo PS the strings are for tyeing a bow around the dogs neck or something like that. One is on the flower on the bag. PSS Here is a picture of me! WELCOME ABIGAIL."

I didn't even know what to say when I saw this, I was moved to tears. Here was this beautiful homemade card and this adorable picture of a child with the most radiant smile I have ever seen. The idea that a child was so moved by her story that she would take the time to do this for her speaks volumes of her character. What a huge heart. I am going to scan and copy this to Abigail's mother so she knows just how loved Abigail is by people that haven't even met her yet. What an absolute treasure from God, this inspires me. As I have said and will continue to say, we are SO SO blessed by people of ALL ages.

I can't say it enough, I am so humbled by God's works through other people.

I will post pictures of our craft booth tomorrow when we get home! Please keep us in your prayers for a successful day! We love you all!

Proverbs 28:25-26
A greedy man stirs up dissension, but he who trusts in the LORD will prosper. He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment