I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.


My apologies it's been over a week! Where does the time go!

Well let me go in chronological order of the last week and a half as we've had many exciting events!

First off, the craft show! We were so successful in raising funds for the adoption as well as being able to witness our story to other people! It was AMAZING! We have so many people praying for us and we are so grateful for that. Jason's school friends have been nothing short of a miracle to us. The beads are a huge hit! We can't keep them in stock! We've placed yet another order from Africa and are expecting the next shipment in about a week. We're hitting up the craft show scene and taking on a couple of more.

The best part of our week was the friends we met from Grand Rapids! They just adopted two kids in June from Uganda! They have been the answer to my prayers. Any "unknowns" about the processes and travels they have cleared for us. For a while there I think I was emailing and asking like 5 questions a day. I haven't even known someone else here that has a adopted from Uganda so getting first hand knowledge is priceless. They were amazing. Their daughter they adopted is only a month older than Abigail so it seems so real when we saw her holding Abigail's babies and playing in the house. Nolan has been so excited since he met her. Abigail will have a friend from her country and her age, thats awesome! And we just thank God for their entire family, Nolan had a blast with their beautiful children and since they are almost exactly our age we had so much in common. God continues to work through people and you can see his works in this empowering couple. I have attached the picture of when they were here. They are AWESOME.

Next is the shots. OH HEAVENS the shots. Jason had 4 and I had 5. He did not whine at all and I whined a lot! Haha. I think it's because he only had 4 and I had 5. Well it sounds good right? LOL I couldn't lift my arms! I'm such a whimp! Neither one of us felt good for a couple of days and I spiked a small fever but other than a few bruises we are vaccinated! The bruises were my battle wounds for sympathy. :)

Last but not least we got our date to get our fingerprints done. I believe that is THE last step on the side of the United States. WOOO!!! HOOOO!!! I feel like I just ran a marathon! It feels like such a HUGE accomplishment!

Nolan's awesome accomplishment this week is he asked to be baptized. Nolan was baptised as a baby but he accepted Jesus Christ as he Savior and he will be baptized by full immersion in our church. I am SO proud of him. This is something that he wants and I just couldn't be more excited for him. We are planning to do it before we leave for Africa. When I baptized him as a baby I took the vows for him but it's so inspiring to see him want this for himself.

I think Nolan's strength and faith comes from the example Jason sets for him. I think a lot of my strength comes from the example Jason sets for his family. If I may brag for a second about my husband, he is CONSTANTLY striving to be the most loyal servant of God that he can be. He speaks publically about his faith every day and he lives with a happiness in his heart because he relys on Jesus Christ to guide his life. He is quite inspiring. Nothing is more attractive to me than his love for Christ. I prayed a long time for him and I am just SO blessed.

As of today I have 43 days left remaining of work. As it seems to go faster and faster it's not really sunk in quite yet. But as I've said before I am excited about my transition and as the days go on I'm becoming quite eager!

The blessings just continue to POUR in our lives. Jason always reminds me to ASK, SEEK, KNOCK. SO when I realized we couldn't do this adoption on our own I have continued to ASK, SEEK, KNOCK and I have received. PRAISE GOD. We have been asked to share our testimony at 2 churches so we are eager to speak to the congregations about all that God has done for us. I see that God is working through me with our journey.

Ahhhh, well with the Halloween festivities this week and all the blessing to come I hope this finds you all well! Find the blessings in every day!

We love you all.

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened ... If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" (Matthew 7:7-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment