I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Giving Thanks

I just have to start out by saying that I am so so thankful for all that God has blessed me with. I am continued to be amazed at the grace he shows me and the love he continues to pour onto my family.


OUR PAPERWORK MADE IT! Thank you thank you for ALL of your prayers. It was hung up for about 6 weeks in customs so we were so nervous. Inside that box was 4 months of hard work and necessary paperwork needed to proceed. With all of your prayers God provided again to us by making sure it arrived safely in the hands of our attorney. PRAISE GOD.

We spent Thanksgiving with our new Ugandan family. It was amazing. I cherish the fellowship with these people and their love for Jesus and their faith is nothing less than inspiring. Jason and I were talking about how awesome it was to be able to eat dinner and then sit around for a couple of hours and have fellowship about our Lord and Savior. AMAZING. I love them so much.

WE LOVE CHESANING! We spent two days there for a craft show last weekend, and we almost sold out of everything we have! What an awesome fundraiser weekend! The people there were so great and we appreciate everyone’s support of our beads. Again, the Lord reached down and blessed us. Everyone in the booths around us complained of having lows sales and we just kept flying. We give it all to God before we go in and he sent all the people our way. Simply amazing.

The other great part is we stayed in a hotel and got some away family time. Nolan was pretty excited about the swimming pool. He felt like a superstar when he swam the length of the whole pool. His patience with all of our fundraising is a blessing. He NEVER gets tired of hearing the story of Abigail. He continues to have faith and prayer as we do for Abby.

Homeland security sent us a letter stating that they approved us and it was sent on for the final step of immigration. We are now just waiting for I-171N to appear in our mailbox. We are praying it’s very soon! We also continue to pray for the Lord to guide our attorney as he processes all of our paperwork and applies for our court date. We continue to be hopeful that it will be in January!

I continue to prepare myself for my travel. I went to Wal-Mart and bought out all the travel toilet paper that I could! You can never be too prepared with toilet paper right? Haha. I’m also stocking up on skirts, lots of wet wipes, bug spray and sun tan lotion!

The big fun this week is we start our Typhoid Fever pills! FUN! There are so many directions with them I get confused just reading them!

The Paw Paw Flashes did a newspaper article about us and here is the link. http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20391856&BRD=2188&PAG=461&dept_id=414962&rfi=6

There are some incorrect things in the article, such as adoption was a first option for us, not an alternative to having a child biologically. I’m only correcting that because we are trying to be advocates for adoption as a first option. I think sometimes people only consider adoption when they are not able to conceive, however we want to be advocates that ANYONE can adopt at any time and still have biological children as well.

Today is World Aids Day and I ask that everyone please keep the millions of people affected by this disease in your prayers today. The Kalamazoo Prayer Clinic is having prayers from noon until 5:30 for prayer.

I want to close tonight giving God all the glory. It’s only been through him that we are on this adoption journey and we praise him every day for that.

I hope this day finds you filled with the Holy Spirit and continuing to seek him.

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment