I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Oh my goodness I think I’m getting worse at this blog! The last 2 weeks have proven to be extra busy for us and my apologies for not getting an update sooner!

Well here’s my update. NOTHING. I have no court date yet.  If I could ask everyone to pray that our paperwork can get processed and we can get a court date I would appreciate that SO SO much. We found out that Abigail’s mom’s home flooded and was forced to move. Because of that move we had to redo the paperwork required in Uganda. Naturally I’m disappointed but it was no fault of hers given the circumstances. We also continue to ask for prayers for Abigail’s mother and she continues her life in such a struggle I cannot comprehend. I am just so ready to go! I get rather discouraged and then I am usually gently reminded that it is not in my time and this is all part of “his” plan. I will continue to pray for strength.

Well I was all geared up to be finished with my job on the 31st, and 2 days before my departure I was asked to stay on for a couple more weeks. It’s a saving grace because without a court date yet I think I’d be going crazy at home thinking about it. So tomorrow I will head back to work after a nice break over New Years. I’m just grateful for the opportunity.

Christmas seemed to be a blur this year. With wonderful times with family it went by SO SO fast. Nolan is having a blast singing to Toby Mac on his new JAMBand. If anyone out there is looking for a Christian music alternative to guitar hero, this is it. We have had so much fun with it. My little rock star sings his heart out. My husband has become QUITE the guitar player himself 

On the 22nd, Jason and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! It was so much fun. We actually went ice skating with Nolan. We celebrate our anniversary together since that’s the day we all became a family. It was awesome. The last 2 years have just blown by us in the blink of an eye. God has been so good to us.

We went sledding last week as family, I think I sometimes forget my age and the fact that maybe attempting the sled jumps made of ice are not such a great idea. I’m a little beat up but it was SO much fun. Next time I’ll have to take a little extra padding. I know there are SO many people in Michigan that hate the snow but I love it. I love a white Christmas and the cold seasons.

Last Sunday in church we had a guest speaker talk about the power of prayer. He spoke about people and the absence of prayer and that maybe it doesn’t allow God into our situations to help us. My eyes were again open that the Lord so deeply desires for us to pray to him and tell him all that we need. Sometimes I feel like he knows what I need but I know that he desires for me to seek him. I felt the Holy Spirit moving through us in church and it was absolutely amazing. I do need to pray more and to ask others to pray more for us. So I continue to ask that everyone keep us in their prayers. I pray that the Lord will work through people to get us to our Abigail very very soon. I ask for prayers for patience and understanding and we continue to simply wait. My goal for the week is to become more diligent in the prayers and continue to ask, seek and knock when I feel discouraged.

With the New Year upon us I just can’t tell you how excited I am to get our little girl. I can’t stop thinking about the first time we’ll see her. We have EVERYTHING practically packed and ready to go. I will be a patient servant of my Lord Jesus Christ and continue to surrender my anxiety to him.


"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" (1 John 5:14-15).

No comments:

Post a Comment