I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

SO CLOSE!

I appologize for not blogging it's just been crazy over here!  Our application was submitted on Friday to the courts so if everyone could continue to pray for us we are suppose to find out a travel date in the next 3-4 days!  We have been instructed to contact our attorney in Uganda tomorrow morning so we are praying for news!  We've also been told to be prepared for immediate travel after we receive a date!  So we could wait four weeks or 4 days!  So we're busy packing and getting last minute preparations here.

Now that the time is so close I'm completely overwhelmed.  The reality hits of leaving my comfortable bed and my son for so long.  I'm continuing to rely on my faith for my strength.  Jason and I are to a point now where we just want to go get her.  It's feels like when I was pregnant and I just wanted to have the baby!

I'm posting some pictures of our little rock star.  He continues to sing for Jesus on his new JamBand and I think another Toby Mac concert will be in order for him soon.  Notice the sport coat, Notre Dame Jersey, Toby hat and sweat pants :)  I also added some pictures from Christmas.  One of Nolan and his new play shaving kit.  He seems to think he gets a 5 o'clock shadow and must shave twice a day.  And another of Jason and his proud new "North Dakota" mug.  Nolan is SO SO excited.  He was a little nervous the other day when I was packing some early items in the suitcase.  He seemed to be a little anxious.  But with Grandma and Grandpa coming for a visit my hopes are he'll have a blast while we are gone.  He has all these visions that start with "Mom, when Abigail's here we are going to........."  It's adorable.

Our Mama U (Betty) is leaving on Tuesday. She will go ahead of us to get things in place for us and be waiting at the airport when we arrive.  We are so blessed to have her to help guide us in this.  We're also a little sad because she won't be coming back until June.  The Lord has called her to some work in Uganda and we will eagerly await her visit back.

I pray that we may find out a date tomorrow to get our little girl!  Thank you all for your continued to prayers and support, this process is built solely on prayer and the Lord has continually delivered.  Bless you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment