I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

BEADING AGAIN!

I apologize for being so quiet in August, this month has been crazy!  First off, we had an amazing vacation.  My kids loved being with all the cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents on my side.  It was really wonderful for them.  As always its hard for me to leave, I watched them drive home in one direction and the four of us drive the opposite direction and there is something that is very sad with that for me.  It's always difficult to be so far away but we're holding out great hopes that we will be home for Christmas this year.  I think it's been about 11 years since I've been home for Christmas. :)

After we got home I headed back to work right away and completed my last days at Stryker.  How BLESSED I am to have had the opportunity to work part time again this summer, it was the answer to my prayers when Jason and Abigail were still in Uganda.  Because of my part time work we were able to replenish the last amount we had spent on Abigail's adoption.  SOOOOOOOOO grateful to have no debt.  Truly that was Gods doing.

And then we had our Oliver tragedy.  Thank you all for your encouraging comments and emails, they were so comforting.

Today we did a bead show in Texas Corners!  We met so many wonderful people!  And yes we are bead showing again and I'm sure that you all have the anticipated question of why?  As we continue to pray through this we feel that God is leading us back to Uganda and it is our plan to begin another home study next June for up to two children.  We wanted to wait for Abigail to be here for a year and this gives us time to financially prepare ourselves.  OH and Americans are only having to stay 2-3 weeks now.  Ahhh.......that sounds refreshing and MUCH less stressful!  I am however SO SO grateful for the time we had in Uganda.  Looking back it was so awesome to be able to spend that much time in her culture and the bonding we were able to have there.  It was difficult for Nolan but he doesn't even remember the time gone and it was God's way of testing our faith.  I learned what love is in Uganda.  I learned that love has no boundaries and is not determined by DNA or skin color.  I learned that my family, our love, and our marriage is so strong it can endure anything.  And best of all I learned and our hearts can in no way, shape, or form be broken from God.  For that alone I have been blessed.  

So we are once again giving this to the Lord.  We continue to witness at the bead shows and continue to bring more attention to the poverty stricken conditions in Uganda and ways people can help.  So I'm gearing up for the fall shows again!  I can't believe it!  We have no idea what age we will adopt or what sex the child will be, or how many it will be.  We just know that God is leading us back to Uganda,  I feel it now more then ever.  Nolan wants a brother and Abigail wants a sister.......Abigail said today, "we are going to have two babies!"  Hahaha.....

So today I ask for prayers for our upcoming bead shows and prayers for our future children who have no idea they have a family waiting for them and already working hard to bring them to us.  I'm looking forward to the new posts of testimonies and adoption processes again!  

Have a great week with Jesus!





You are the helper of the fatherless. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more.
Psalms 10:14,17-18

3 comments:

  1. Awesome news, Heather! I'm so excited for your family...Dorie's been asking for a brother, but I'm not quite ready for that yet! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you!

    Lots of love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would come out with this eventually. I am overjoyed for you guys. I am so blessed to have walked with you for part of your first journey, learning lessons from you that I would not have learned otherwise. You will continue blessing people with your faith and humour. I am too excited to see who God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jason and Heather,

    I've just caught up on the last month or so of your blogs. So great to see how much Abigail is loving her new family and how much you guys are enjoying her. The times we shared with you guys at Emmaus were so special and you certainly helped to make my time in Uganda a richer experience.

    So excited to hear that you are looking at adopting again :) I most likely won't be here by the time you make it back, but you never know - our paths may cross again here in UG.

    The new Watoto 360 class is going really well - 10 weeks in already! Time is flying. It's much smaller this time, only 25 students, but still 7 internationals. We've moved down the hill from Emmaus into a place which is just the 8 of us and it's great.

    Tell Abby hello from me. Do you hear from Travis about how Nabba and Christine are going?

    Love,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete