I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Thank you Albion and Texas Corners!

We had a GREAT weekend of bead shows this weekend.  The rain presented some patience opportunities in Albion but it turned out to be a great day.  In the end, we got rained out at 3:00 and had to pack up to leave.  In the mean time we met lots of great people and made some fun connections.

My sweet hubby did the Texas Corners show, the kids decided they didn't want to go two days in a row.  Haha, it gets VERY long for Nolan especially.  The Taste of Texas was this weekend and Jason had a great day.  The weather was PERFECT fall weather and God blessed us once again. 

The thing that continues to amaze me is the number of beads we are able to sell.  We are SO excited to be able to tell people the story of the women in Uganda and our adoption story.  EVERYBODY seems so supportive and excited to hear about it.  Like I was in the beginning I think people are shocked when they here about the little opportunities for women in Uganda.  Some people love to get information about how they can possibly adopt.  Best of all we get to witness about our relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and THAT is the greatest gift of all. 

Next weekend I will be at the Clinton Fall Festival, Abigail insists that she wants to come with!!  That will be a long show but a great opportunity to tell people about adoption, Uganda and Jesus!  Last year when we were doing these shows we were both working full time so now that I'm home I feel much less stressed out about our busy weekends!

On a sad note, my husband is grieving today.  His Fighting Irish fell at the hands of Michigan State this weekend in a last minute overtime play.  They also fell at the hands of University of Michigan last weekend.  It's tough to be a Notre Dame fan when you live in Michigan!  I pray for peace in his heart as I think he may have been "football humbled" this weekend.  Poor guy.   :)  GO IRISH!

Blessings to all for a great week!  I will post again soon, we are suppose to get our sample t-shirts in today with our new logo and I am SOOO excited about that!

Heather

1 comment: