I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

No ordinary Christmas lights.............

Throughout this process of adopting there have been so many people who have blessed our family with a quiet service.  We have had endless people help us out in so many ways and today I was unbelievably touched by another quiet service.  One that I could have never imagined.

My neighbors have their house all lit up (see picture) like a gingerbread house.  Each string of lights is even and carefully attached to their house, looks like a professional did it!  We drive by their house everyday and each time my children marvel at the multi-color lights.  Jason and I marvel at the amount of time it must have taken them to put up the lights and how nicely done they are.  They haven't decorated the outside in a few years and we just attributed the absence of lights on their house to the "who has time?"  I can hardly get the 4 strands on my evergreens in my front yard much less an entire home!

But this year was different, soon after Thanksgiving it was lit up, beaming like a festive gingerbread house, it's the only one on our street.  It was the first house with lights Abigail had ever seen.  To my surprise today when I spoke with our neighbor (the homeowner), she told me that they put the lights on the house because it was Abigail's first Christmas and they wanted it to be there for her to see.  I was floored. 

How incredibly nice it was that the neighbors thought of our daughter and her first Christmas and wanted to make it special for her.  They took all that time just for her and we didn't even know.  We've been driving by enjoying the view for 3 weeks but never knew it was for Abigail.  After speaking with her I went back to my car I sobbed.  Just sobbed.  That is one of the nicest things someone has ever done for us, such a quiet service.  Everytime I drove by and saw them I had no idea.  So next time you see lights out on a house, maybe there is a story or a kind gesture behind it.  Maybe its a reminder of what we can do special for other people.  I am so humbled.  Thank you Meyer family!!  Truly a gift we will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment