I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy 11 Months my Abby!

I'm posting this in February at 11 months because I'm certain I will not be home to post a one year posting about this.

Exactly 11 months ago, almost to the minute I met my little girl.  I landed at the airport in Entebbe and after getting out of immigration there she was.  She was exhausted and tired because it was late but she immediately came walking up to me with a big bouquet of flowers.  I instantly picked her up and held her.  I just wanted to hold on, I kept saying "Hi Abigail, Hi Abigail, I love you Abigail!"  She had no clue what I was saying, she didn't speak any English.  She was seriously stunned, there were no tears, but there were no smiles either.  She had insisted before the airport getting me flowers and my friends bringing her happily obliged.  In the hour car ride to the guest house from the airport she fell asleep, on me.  One of the best moments of my life.  She was so small curled up on my lap, all 22 pounds of her.  There are no seat belts used there so I really got to hold her.  I distinctly remember looking outside thinking, HOLY CRAP, I am in Africa for real.  It was all so surreal.

The next morning was an exciting morning of tears of joy, smiles and laughs that have never ended.  She's been with us ever since that moment in the airport. Abigail has done amazing things the last 11 months and her light shines bright in our hearts and in this community. 

We never saved Abigail, I will never ever take credit for that because the truth is she found and saved us.  She taught us what the term "family" really means and what God's unconditional love really looks like in physical form and action.

Since that day I have never been the same.  I arrived a very exhausted, naive, close minded, American woman.  I returned completely changed, border less, once broken and reborn.  I learned more about myself then I can ever explain, I was buckled to my knees before my Savior completely desperate and I learned the definition of what struggle, destitute, poverty, sovereignty, oppression, obedience and prevail personally mean. 

May her beacon of light always shine as a living testimony of God's faithfulness and unending grace for all people to see.

Happy 11 months my princess.....(See pictures below)

Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.  Psalms 68:5-6



One of our first pictures received of Abigail ......August 2009, just 17 months ago
Abigail now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment