I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

8th Week Update

HE IS RISEN!!!! Happy Easter from beautiful Uganda!!!




The blessings continue to pour over us as a family here. I made a transition this week and moved into a 2 bedroom apartment that I found. I had been searching for one for a long time but most of them were entirely unaffordable. But God provided me with a place that was equivalent to staying in my guesthouse and we love it!



The kids think it's incredible to have their own room, even I think it's incredible to have my own room again! It also has a small living room and a KITCHEN!! YEAH! Oh and a bathroom of course :) Everyone that knows me knows that I love to cook so we've been cooking up a storm. Of course it is Africa so I have to make everything from scratch over 2 small burners but I'm still loving it! We are getting on a normal routine like we have at home with getting up, making beds, etc. We are so blessed.



The kids are doing so great. It's incredible to watch their growth everyday. They are so good about making their own beds now and helping take their dishes to the sink. Every time I look at them I realize why I'm suppose to be here with them, that bonding time I've had is priceless. Rebekah told Abigail "I love you Abigail" on Skype the other day, Abby was SOOO excited. She wasn't prompted she just said it, it was adorable.



Praying you all had a blessed Easter at home, I went to church with my friends here. I just love African style church, the music inspires me every time. Everywhere you walked you saw people dressed up in their finest and walking to church. There was no sign of the Easter bunny here, the stores weren't adorned with Easter baskets and candy eggs. So great to see that, as it should be. This is my 2nd year missing Easter with my family and being in Uganda but it really was a blessing. I didn't fret over not have the Easter baskets for the kids, I got to be with my family here, the Lord has provided or us financially and we're all safe and healthy. Couldn't ask for anything more then that.



We are hopeful for some news this week, praying up a storm that we'll get a court date. Only 4 more days and I've officially been gone for 2 months so I'm anxious to hear some news. By now we're pretty comfortable here so were making the best of the situation. I feel like we have some sense of normal being in our own apartment and we're ready to wait this out! I packed for 8 weeks so I'm starting to run out of everything it feels like. Maybe that's just part of humbling me a bit more. :)



Thank you for your continued prayers and blessings of meals for my family at home. Its nice that my family has something nice to eat with the 3 of them. I know Jason is running around like crazy with baseball, swimming, daycare, and school and it's so thoughtful that people bring him a meal that he doesn't have to prepare at the end of a crazy day! And he LOVES eating with the 2 kids just to have some good bonding time. Thanks to all that are doing that for us you have NO idea what a blessing that is.



So here is to a beautiful week bring glory to Him each day. We are requesting prayers for a court date, financial provision, and clarity in the coming week.



In Him,



Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment