I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Monday, April 18, 2011

I apologize for not having any pictures up yet, I'm running quite behind.  To be honest yesterday and today have been emotional days for me.  Yesterday the pastor at church talked about a time when he lost two children at birth and he wondered where God was, he said he cried out to him and he had to die to the situation because he could no longer bear the weight alone.

So I realize thats what I've needed to do.  I have to die to this, I have to release myself completely and trust in God to take the reins.  He's testing my faith and I'm failing miserably thinking I can control the situation with my ideas.  The reality is he has me here for a reason and I personally believe it's for my spiritual growth.....again.  He's forcing me to look only to him and trust that he will provide in His time.  He is faithful everyday.  Even though I don't have any answers, he is faithful today.  So I have released my control and left this up to him.  And I will be happy here everyday until he calls me home to my family there. 

God has blessed us with such amazing friends.  I have friends send me uplifting messages and scripture and it always amazes me how it speaks so clearly to my heart. Today our friend Travis felt like the Lord told him to share this verse with us and when I read it I just sobbed.  I felt God speaking to me so clearly.   James 1: 2-5  "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trial of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." 

Thanks Travis for being obedient to the Lord and sharing what he laid on your heart.  How at peace that makes us feel today.

No comments:

Post a Comment