I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Waiting

Well to entertain myself at this point I looked up the definition of waiting.  According to dictionary.com waiting means to remain inactive or in a state of repose, as until something expected happens.  Ahhhhh........

Well that seems to be the our life for the last few months although today I am happy to report of positive movement in the right direction with the High Courts of Uganda.  We are so lucky to have an attorney that is so on top of things and we are very hopeful of a phone call we are suppose to make tonight. 

Although we never understand the why's I'm finding myself looking back on the last 3 weeks finding comfort in all of this.  When this first took place I was pretty angry.  I threw numerous temper tantrums I must admit.  I was just SO frustrated.  It's hard to believe that the day we were suppose to be assigned our court date, in fact an hour and a half before, the Embassy shut down the guardianship visas.  It's hard to be just SO CLOSE and then boom.  My bags were packed!  I was mentally and emotionally ready!  I felt like the world caved in.  But now I can see things unfolding and I know that God's timing is perfect.

I have really loved being home with Nolan and it's devastating to me to think of leaving him for so long.  It's hard to know I have a child in Uganda that needs me and yet I have a child here that needs me as well.  It tugs at my heart strings.  But being home is amazing and Nolan is such a good boy. We're cooking up a storm here, we're going to the library constantly and I'm just loving being able to focus on being a mom, play dates, and all the fun stuff.  Soon it won't be just the 3 of us anymore.

We are so grateful for Betty, for caring for Abigail right now in Uganda and making sure she is heathy.  She was malnourished as we had expected so we are so blessed to have a caregiver there for her.  At least with this blessing we don't have to worry about her care and that is a HUGE relief.  Plus we are able to get updates about her whenever we want, also an amazing reassurance.

Thank you SO SO much for all of the prayers and blessings the last couple of weeks.  I truely believe we are at the tail end of this chaos and with much faith will be flying soon.

Praise Him!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment