I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nolan's Birthday


It's hard to believe that my baby boy was born 7 years ago.  Although the time is flying by so fast I get so excited to see the young man he's growing into.  Everyone always says the older you get the faster time goes but maybe it's just because when we're younger we enjoy more of our time. 

We had an exciting weekend of celebrating.  Nolan has a little friend over for a sleep over and Monday we took the Amtrak to Chicago for the day to go to the Chicago children's museum.  SO fun.  My parents were here for 5 days to help celebrate as well and the kids always love having Grandma and Papa here.  Last night since my parents were here Jason and I snuck out for a date night.  We haven't been out together, alone, since March!!!  It was recommended that we not leave Abigail with a babysitter for a year so we have been very conscious to do that.  But it was WELL needed and it was nice to have some quality time with my hubby. 

With my Dad being here we worked on the house this weekend and drew out the plans.  We are adding a large Master bedroom to our basement in order to accommodate the 1 or 2 more kiddos upstairs!  SO we're anxious to get that going so we can focus on the next ones coming!  Since we have gotten approval we will begin our next home study in January.  I can't wait to see what children God has in store for us.  For now, we're loving life, enjoying our kids and enjoying each other. 

OH and for those of you awaiting my shipment of bracelets it is suppose to arrive tomorrow!!!!  YEAH!!

Have a great week with Jesus!

Building Skyscrapers with Dad at the Children's museum!


Let's go Irish!!

Riding on the train!  SO FUN!

Abby said the Sears tower was REALLY BIG DADDY!

Playing with water at the Children's museum

Driving the firetruck like real firefighters!

Opening gifts!

Date night photo :)

1 comment:

  1. There are my sweet friends! Nolan looks so much like his mama...:-)

    ReplyDelete