I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Quiet moments.......

I love the quiet moments during the day when I can just have a moment to myself.  Some days I don't get them at all but some days like today I got to have a nice 10 minutes.  It's in those times when I hear God speak to me.  With the excitement of another adoption and two kids that have lots of energy I often forget to make time to just listen.  Sometimes when I stop and listen I have this ability to not hear what the Lord is putting on my heart and in turn I am not able to be obedient.  Today during my quiet moment I felt peace.  Just peace.  How exhilarating it was.

When I started my last job at Stryker, God laid on my heart it wasn't where I needed to be and I was angry.  Angry because I worked so hard to get to that point and it wasn't in His will and I wanted it to be.  When I left my job I was positive I would be beside myself with boredom and now I'm constantly reminded what I would be missing if I wasn't home.  We have a BLAST.  When He led us to adopt Abigail and I was afraid of not having enough of me to give to two children and not just one, He's shown me your heart just grows to fit all the love.  When I moved into a smaller house then I imagined I was afraid I would feel crowded.  My King taught me that a home is what fills it, my amazing husband who stands by me no matter what, my amazing children who are the apple of my eye and our house is busting with love.  I wouldn't trade that for a bigger house in a million years.. I was afraid the older I got the less fun I would feel, I've never felt more secure and alive. 

I used to live with the idea that the next vacation, the next new car, the bigger house, the nice new outfit, the new hair style, the bigger job etc. would bring happiness and don't get me wrong they did, but it's short lived.  Today I'm wearing my "mom" pants, I haven't gotten a shower yet, I'm putting on make up and playing hair stylist with my daughter and there is nothing more I would want for my life then what I already have right now.  I feel free.

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:20

No comments:

Post a Comment