I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We're Expecting!




Jason and I are happy to announce that today we accepted the referral of two more children from Uganda.  The little girl named Angel is 4 - exactly 7 months younger then Abigail and the little boy named Kenny is 2.  They are siblings.

Jason and I came home from a weekend of fundraising and found out about the two children.  Although I would like to keep their situation private because I will leave that up to them to tell some day, I can say the story is very horrible.  I couldn't shake it from my heart and God kept laying it on us.  There was a very urgent need to find these children a family and we accept it with honor.  The children have been fending for themselves and living on the streets and as today they have been placed in a safe location and we will begin the process to bring them home to our family.  Because my blog is public I am not able to post any pictures of the children but they are beautiful.  They're eyes have a sad and lonely look in them like Abby's did in her first picture.  Their clothing is worn, filthy and tattered and the little boy is not even wearing pants.  Neither child has any shoes on.  Yet somehow when we look at those children we see a beautiful daughter and son we cannot wait to love. 

This adoption is NOT the ideal time for us but we know that HIS time is perfect and our strength will come from him.

When we were originally thinking 2 more kids we were thinking at least another year, however after praying on this for days we know in our hearts these are the children God has placed in our hearts for us.  So I'm sending the application off tomorrow and we will begin to update our home study as soon as possible.  I am hoping to travel in the spring or early summer to attend the court hearing and pick up the children.

My children are SOOOOOO excited.  Abigail has been this giddy little girl all day announcing all the things she's going to be playing with her new brother and sister.  And she's proud as a peacock that she will get to be a big sister.  Because of when the girls are born they were be in different grades which is better for both girls.  Nolan asked if we could go get them now and is beside himself at the idea of a brother.

I cried and cried this morning when we got the approval to go ahead from our social worker.  We don't have all the details figured out but fortunately we don't have to, I'm placing that in God's hands.  And with his strength we will grow to a family of 6 bringing glory to him throughout this entire process.

We are so blessed tonight.  Looking at our dining room table it's hard to believe in no time all the chairs will be filled.  We are asking for many prayers for our future children.  We pray in advance for the Holy Spirit to work through all the people that have a hand in this.  We pray for our own family for patience in this process to bring them home.

Welcome to the next Osborn journey!

1 comment:

  1. Jason and Heather - this is such awesome news! I am only sorry that I won't be in Uganda to see you when you come to pick up Angel and Kenny! Hanging out with you and Abby throughout your time here was definitely a highlight and blessing in my time in UG this year.

    It's one month today until I leave. I'm sure it's not the last trip here, but as I don't know when the next one will be and what form it will take, it's going to be tough to leave.

    Love,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete