I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings :)

Mmmmmmmm...........the smell of Thanksgiving food is still permiating my house!!!  All I want to do is eat!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thanksgiving.  Good food and amazing friends we now call family, we are so blessed.  We had 7 children here total to play!  I have never in my life heard children laugh so hard.  Abigail was the only girl in the group and she kept up with the best of the boys.

Amazing to think last year we were wondering what it would be like to have Abigail home.  Trying to put in perspective her spot at the table and the sound of her voice.  It's so fun to be able to experience all the first's with her.  Despite all the things we could complain about not having we are so incredibly blessed.  This past year has taught us exactly how MUCH we have and how LITTLE others do.  Jason is amazing about always focusing on the positive and giving thanks for all we have today, he is such an incredible role model for our children.

Today was an amazing day for us from all the way across the globe.  Our two future children today found out they would be adopted.  They were moved into a permanent location with a permanent caregiver until we arrive.  They received clothes, toiletries to bathe, shoes, beds with mattresses, blankets, sheets and most needed, food.  They are receiving medical care this week because they have been without regular food for so long it's been difficult for them to eat.  They have not been tested for anything as of yet but we are taking them as they are, nothing will change that.  How AMAZING on this incredible holiday our children find out they have a forever home and a family yearning to hold them.  We were told they were SOOOOOOO excited and that just makes my heart burst with happiness!  We are suppose to be receiving pictures of their living arrangements and photos of the children this week, we can't wait!  This just sealed the day for us today, but it isn't just today we will be giving thanks, it should be everyday.  We're beaming proud parents!

So today on Abigail's first Thanksgiving we talked about giving our thanks to God for all that we have.  Jason asked both of our children to list 5 things they were grateful for so here is our family list.  Unedited just as it was, I posted the list below.  Many blessings on this incredible holiday!

Abigail: I am thankful for:

1. Mom - because we snuggle and rock in the rocking chair
2. Dad - because you guys take care of me
3. My Brother - Because I love him
4. My Bed - Because I didn't have a nice bed before
5. My Clothes - Because they are nice

Nolan: I am thankful for:
1. God - because he gives me clothes
2. Friends - because I play with them
3. My sister - because I like when she gets to sleep in my bunkbed
4. Mom - Because I snuggle with her
5. Dad - Because we play football together

MANY MANY MANY BLESSINGS!


No comments:

Post a Comment