I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Uggghhhh…..today is a little tough.  God blessed me richly with two amazing friends that put their lives on hold to be in Uganda with me. I know they think they didn’t do anything special for me but they provided me with company, assurance, and someone to pass the long days with. Words can’t even begin to express the gratitude that I have for this time here.

Tonight my friend Kim left, I sobbed. :)  I sobbed 2 weeks ago when Monica left.  :)  It's not that I don't want to be alone I just had a really great time.  I'm also a bit jealous they will get to see my kiddos at home.  Kim is the last of my friends being here in Uganda with me and there was something very solace and lonely when she left. My children were again confused why these girls get to go to the United States and we are still waiting here. I keep telling them it will soon be our turn but it’s not in God’s timing today. And somehow in their eyes they seem to understand. I’m in my guesthouse room for the first time alone and it feels like an uncomfortable quiet right now.

Today is my 31st day here in beautiful Uganda. I’m terribly homesick but unimaginably grateful and blessed at my time here. My children are continuing their bonding and I am continuing my growth as a mother and a Christ follower.

I had probably the best week in Uganda that I have ever had. We spent all day Tuesday at my friend’s Solomon’s school and I am forever changed from my experience there. I will blog about that tomorrow when I have the pictures all sorted out. I will be spending the later portion of my visit here in Uganda at the school doing mission work while I wait out my time here in Uganda. I visited the Nile River yesterday with Kim and my friend Kelley that lives here in Uganda and I don’t think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. Full belly laughs all day and into the evening at a farewell dinner. 

We’ve always known that someday Jason and I would end up living permanently in Uganda. This week God spoke to us on what we are needed here for and we feel incredible about our future here in Uganda one day. It rocks my world when he speaks so clearly to us and now we will be patient to answer that call when he tells us to go. The time spent here was well worth that alone.

Africa is the most beautiful place to be and I treasure the fun that I have been having here. Each day is a blessing with new experiences and growth in my faith walk. Although I’m sad that Monica and Kim’s time here has come to an end I look forward to the future weeks and what God has in store for me. We will continue to pray through the absence of being without each other and put it in God’s hands alone to provide while we are apart.

No news to report about a court date yet but have many reasons to be optimistic about the coming weeks.


 The kids and I at the Nile River
 I had forgotten how beautiful it is there.
 Our driver Bosco with Elijah, he is SO great with helping with the kids when we are out doing things and they kids just love him.  He is a humble servant of the Lord.
 Bujagali Fallss - not sure who the guy is at the bottom of my pictures but he appears in almost all of them. :) Haha
 The view of the falls was spectacular


 My friend Kelly and I, she lives with her husband in Uganda.
Kim and Kelly!  Oh my goodness did we laugh all day.

 This is the stairs that lead down to the falls, although a beautiful picture it is a very steep and not so stable walk up them.

 Restaurant we ate at over looking the Falls.
 Boat ride on the Nile River!  Bosco had never been on a boat ride before, he said he was fearful.  Somehow we convinced him however when asked if he would do it again he quietly replied "no". :)
 Fisherman on the Nile
 Our wooden boat. :)  Yes, I said wooden.
 The clouds were absolutely beautiful that day.


 Coffee bean plant
 The kids loved all the new adventures!

In Him,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment