I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

One Year

Today is a very special day in our hearts.  It was one year ago today that Abigail stepped off that plane into America and into our lives forever.  We became a family of 4 just 365 days ago.  I can't even comprehend where the past year has gone but not in a BILLION years did I think we'd have 2 more coming home around the same time a year later.  There have been obstacles over the past year but all children have things to over come, it just makes the successes that much sweeter.  I wouldn't change a thing.

In the last year Abigail has grow up so much.  She's learned more things in the past year then I'm sure she will in her entire life.  Just basic things like using napkins and silverware, toilets, sleeping in a bed, praying, and not to mention language!  I was watching her today and it's like there never was a time that she wasn't here.  I don't remember when we had a family of 3, it's like we've always had her from the beginning.  She's just walked into our lives and our hearts and has just always been.  I love it. 

I remember shaking as Nolan and I drove to the airport because we were just so darn excited.  Watching her come through those doors was one of the most emotional and amazing experiences of my life.  We literally went home and had dinner and just spent time as a family.  I remember looking back in the car and seeing 2 kids in it!  It was incredible.  I watch the video over and over and I can feel it all over again when I see it.  It was an awesome day.






Pictures from her first week are here. http://allaboutabigail2009.blogspot.com/2010_06_01_archive.html

I'm so proud of her this past year, she's such a sweet young lady and an amazing daughter and sister.  So here's celebrating our first year and the first of many to come.  God went before us and placed her in our hearts long before she physically arrived and he gave us the privilege of raising her and loving her forever.  I am truly humbled at his faithfulness and I praise him everyday for the blessing of Abigail in our family.

Happy one year sweet girl.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting and what a special day! I can't wait until you are all here together. You all are such wonderful people with big hearts!

    P.S. Would that blue shirt happen to be the one I passed on to you guys? It looks familiar. :) If so, I am so happy to see that you were able to use the clothes.

    Jennifer French

    ReplyDelete