I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our final post.....


First of all there is an invitation for our open house at the bottom so scroll down after this post!

So here it is.  I have mixed emotions when I write this as this blog has been a significant part of my life the last 2 years.  I've met incredible friends through my blog and lifelong relationships with other adoptive families.  My friend Monica that came to Uganda with me I met through my blog! 

The last 2 years has been quite a journey for us and I love to write how God's will has worked through our lives as he's woven the fabric of our family together. This will be my last post today.  Jason and I have loved sharing our story with everyone and are amazed that our blog has been visited almost 20 thousand times covering all 50 states and over 20 countries.  That is incredible.  I've gotten words of support and prayers from perfect strangers that I will never know or meet. 

It is time for our lives to return to a more private status.  Jason and I feel FILLED to the brim with the Holy Spirit and we have big plans for our family in the future in the name of Jesus Christ.  For now, we are going to love life, love our family and enjoy all that He has provided us with.  We are so incredibly blessed.  People ask us all the time if we are done having children or adopting.  My answer to that is when you give your life to the Lord you let Him decide that.  So we will wait on Him for that.  I will say that for now I'd like a small break. :) 

I am taking a mission team to Uganda in the next year.  I plan to take a team down to do ministry in the prisons there as well as my friend Solomons school for 10 days.  It will be incredible to be able to go back to the country I love so dearly to help and not have to be caught up in adoptions!  I have spent 5 months out of the last 15 months there so I'm a little attached to Uganda. :)  Then in the months after, Jason will go to do mission work with a team.  Destination is still in the works.  We will continue to sell beads to benefit those who need it most.  We've seen what real need looks like and we are committed to doing all we can.  Someday, we hope to live in Uganda, if, when and how God provides that is in His time.

I hope in our journey we have been a "light" to others.  I learned that the Holy Spirit can and will work through you if you simply step up and allow it to.  I learned what complete faith and obedience mean and as well as total surrender.  I have an amazing husband to be on the journey with and we couldn't be happier.  Everything we need we have been blessed with, we are rejoicing.

So here's to my incredibly HUGE God who provided a testimony of his love and faithfulness through a simple family like ourselves.  5 years ago I didn't know who Jesus was and my life was ravaged with sin.  He took an imperfect soul like myself, showed me grace and allowed ME to be a vehicle to his awesome works. 

Where will you find us?  Chasing Him...:)

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 40:2

You are Invited!!!

Celebrating the arrival of Rebekah and Elijah Osborn

An Open House to meet our new family!

July 24, 2011, 1:00 – 3:00pm

Our house 

Bring a lawn chair!



No RSVP needed and NO gifts please!


Our Announcement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment