I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Africa or Bust!

I am completely, utterly and unbelievably exhausted.  I am so emotional these days I can't contain myself.  Sleep?  Well I haven't had any of that either. :)

Tomorrow at 3:30 pm I will be flying from Kalamazoo to my life's dream in Uganda and Betty with have our Abigail with her to pick me up at the airport on Wednesday night.  Can you believe it?  She will be AT the airport!  I just want to hold her so badly.  My poor husbnad won't be coming for 2 weeks so he has an agonizing wait here in the United States until then.  Abby's big brother is also dying to see her. 

I am once again brought to my knees in gratitude.  God has so blessed me and and my family so richly.  We could not ask for anything more.  We have prayed and asked for prayers faithfully and he has answered them in his perfect timing.  I sometimes feel so undeserving of his unconditional love.  He has shown me grace when there were times I couldn't forgive myself.  He has loved me through every heartache and sin indefinately.  What have I done to deserve such a loving God?  I know that he has AMAZING plans for Abigail, I just know that he will work through her and this experience.

I am also a little overwhelmed with sadness of leaving my other baby.  In Nolan's 6 years we've never been apart more than 3 days so the thought of leaving this little guy is tough.  My heart aches when I think about it.  But as my husband reminds me, we must sacrafice in order to grow.  So I am giving this to God.  God will be sitting with me on that 18 hour flight and he'll be sitting next to my family at home keeping us all strong.  And for that reassurance we will continue to give him our fears and remain steadfast.

Nolan however doesn't seem to concerned.  He's just so excited Abigail is coming home that I'm not sure the time thing has sank in yet.  I pray that he will continue to be patience and comforted.

I got some new pictures of Abigail today, they are so beautiful.  I want to post them so badly but I cannot until I have guardianship.  He has the most amazing smile I have ever seen.  We spoke to her again the other night and Jason got to say I LOVE YOU in her language.  We heard giggles on the other side.  So precious.  I can't explain it.

Well here I go again, sobbing trying to write this.  I thank everyone for their continued prayers in this process.  Please keep us in your prayers over the next few weeks.  I also request prayers for Abigail's mother, her stength is simply amazing.  I will get an opportunity to spend the weekend with her and I can't wait.  The more time I can get to know her the better it will be for Abigail.  We also plan to go to Abigail's village to be blessed by them, its important to us that Abigail always be able to return and visit and be welcomed. 

And once again our African family is welcoming me with open arms.  They are having a welcome dinner for me on Sunday with Betty's entire family.  I can't wait!  Abail's family is now my family and we're honored to be a part of that. 

For now, I say farwell and I will see you when I get back.  Abigail in arms, family whole and all praises will go to our Lord Savior Jesus Christ.

In Him,

Heather

Deuteronomy 31:6



Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment