I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

PRAYING AND FASTING ON WEDNESDAY MAY 4TH

This was an email from my dear friend Melissa Minnox......

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?"
Isaiah 58:6 NIV


I know most of you do not know me, but I met Jason and Heather in Uganda last year when they were there to adopt Abigail and I was there to adopt my daughter Dorie.

We became fast friends and a great encouragment to each other during all that waiting.

Now the Osborns are waiting again--and I want to DO something. But what can we do? We are so far away. We have no pull within the Ugandan court system.

But we know God.

Almighty God.

King of Kings.

Lord of Lords.

Our Lord Jesus told His disciples that we can move mountains if we only have faith as small as a mustard seed, but that some things also require prayer and fasting.
(Matthew 17:19-21)

And look at Esther. She was adopted (don't you love it??), and God placed her in a situation where the Jews were going to be slaughtered unless she acted. So what did she do? She called her people to pray and fast for three days. God moved and spared the nation of Israel (Esther 4).

How about Daniel? Jeremiah? Ezra? Nehemiah? King David? Paul and Barnabas? They all prayed and fasted for situations where they needed to see God move.

(Daniel 9, Jeremiah 36:6, Ezra 8:21 & 9:5, Nehemiah 1:4 & 9:1, Psalm 35:12-14, Acts 13-14)

Would you all join me in praying and fasting as a petition to the Lord to bring Rebekah and Elijah home?

I will be fasting all day on Wednesday, May 4 (tomorrow). Anyone want to join me? For one meal? Even two? All day?

Melissa

Maybe you don't understand what fasting is, or how to do it? Here is a link to a blog written by Linny Saunders. She is a pastor's wife, counselor, and mom to a bunch of sweet kiddos. She explains it beautifully:
http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/2009/05/fasting-what-is-deal-with-it-anyway.html

No comments:

Post a Comment