I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Week #10 update!

Ten weeks!!! Double digits!!! This week is a tough week for us. We still have no court date, we do know that the judge has accepted our file and will be issuing one but at this time there is not idea as to when. It could be this week, next week, maybe a month, maybe two? Hence the dangers of traveling BEFORE you have a court date. Haha. Although I do still recommend it :)


With that being said Jason and I decided it’s time for me to come home for a bit. If we don’t get word of a court date this week I will be leaving Uganda on Friday night. I need a couple of weeks to recover medically, emotionally and we have exhausted ourselves financially. When we left we were thinking we were leaving 2 weeks early and it’s now turned into 10! BUT, I know God sent us here early to be with our kids. And as soon as the judge issues that court date I will be on the first flight back for the kids! My children are amazing and in the last 2 ½ months they’ve learned in person they have a family that loves them unconditionally and mother that just adores them. That is priceless. I’m so happy that I got to be here with them and as painful as it feels that I have to leave them temporarily, I know that they will be home soon. This adoption is in His time and I continue to praise that God knows what is best for my family. And yes that means I could end up coming home and coming back in a week if I get called to court.

My kids at home need their mom to come home for a bit, this has been a challenge for Abigail but she has grown leaps and bounds and we are so proud of her. Yesterday she was begging me to come home on Skype and I feel like my kids at home are ready for a break. If you are in town near my children PLEASE don’t say anything, the kids don’t know I’m coming home yet, we are keeping that a surprise!! I have missed them terribly and I’ve missed my incredible husband. I couldn’t ask for a more supportive and Godly man, how blessed I am. I can’t WAIT to see him!

The awesome thing about being here was being able to take Rebekah and Elijah out of the horrible situation they were in. They were living in the slums. When I went to pick them up they were wondering around unattended, filthy and in desperate need of love and FOOD. They’ve each gained over 5 pounds since I have had them! The last month and a half the kids and I have spent almost every day with my friends Kelly and Simon. My children refer to them as aunt and uncle and their eyes light up every time they come over. The best part? They will be staying with them until we can return for court. So they are familiar with them, their house, the rules and I think they will think of this as a “fun time” to be able to go there. Kelly is from Michigan and Simon is Ugandan and they are married and live here permanently.   God has really blessed our family with these two people they have been an INCREDIBLE help for me. Kelly often times offers to take the kids so I have a couple of hours to myself. I’ve had the kids 24/7 without a break since I got here so I was elated at the opportunity to spend a couple of hours of quiet time!! Absolutely priceless and always offering to do things for me to take some of the stress off.

So this week our prayers are for peaceful transitions. We could still get a court date this week or anytime for that fact, so we pray for that and pray for the heart of my children as I leave them to come home on Friday. I am asking for prayers for a full recovery from this malaria and prayers for my own heart as I have to leave them. It’s so horrible to leave two children but yet exciting because I get to see my two children at home. I feel very torn.

Thank you all for your prayers and fasting this week, I could feel all of them during our most desperate times. Uganda was very peaceful this week, no riots so we were praising God for that! And although I don’t understand it I will Praise Him now for the path he has paved to bring our babies home. I’ve grown more spiritually in the last 4 weeks here then I have in my entire life and my trust is completely in Him to finish this. Why worry? He’s got it covered.


No comments:

Post a Comment