I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekly Update#12 and Prayer Requests!!!

We have MASSIVE prayer and fasting requests for tomorrow! Here is the details:

I have court on Wednesday morning at 9:00 am, that is 2:00 am Eastern time in Michigan. Any warriors that would love to join Jason in prayer is welcome at that time! The court usually takes anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks to receive a ruling so we won't know immediately what will happen. We have been in court before though and we will have a very good indication. Upon receiving our verbal ruling we will wait for our written ruling and then apply for an Embassy appointment. On the fast end of things we are still looking at a 2-3 weeks, IF we get a positive ruling.
Now, the reason we don't know many things is because our judge is brand new. He's never ever ruled on a case before and his first case he's hearing as a family division judge is on Tuesday. So we have nothing to compare to. We don't know how fast he will issue a ruling or how he will handle legal guardianship application. We are praying for a positive outcome!

So we are asking for massive prayers and fasting tomorrow. Please join us in raising the judge up to the Lord to do whats in the best interest of the children. Pray for our attorney, our witnesses coming in to testify, the biological father, peace in my own heart and for my children. If the father appears in court the Rebekah will have to face the man that very severely abused her and I'm praying for strength in her little heart to be able to sit there peaceful. This is a situation with very severe abuse and no child should ever have to endure what she has had to.

This has been the single longest week of my entire life! The waiting has been more exhausting then the last 11 weeks itself! I'm feeling MUCH MUCH better and I thank everyone for their prayers! I'm trying to keep myself busy until tomorrow and then it will be prayers all day. I'm praising God it's only been an 8 day wait! God came through in the last hour! I had released everything to him and had my ticket booked home and BAM, there was the court date. :) Ahhhhh I am learning to surender.

How much I have LEARNED in my time here, however the children and I are ready to be home. I've learned that you serve God through serving and ministering others. I'm anxious to get home and be doing that consistently in our community at home. I've learned that If I'm not serving others or ministering to people about our Lord and Savior then the Holy Spirit can't shine through. All I want to be a Light for Him! So I'm praying us home to be a light in Michigan! It's only by His strength we have been able to endure this and I am grateful he chose me to be on this journey.

I will update as I have them, thank you for the continued prayers, I had over a hundred emails last week and I just couldn't get to all of them but I love each and every one of them!!! Thank you for getting the community involved in prayers and bringing this all together for the Glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment