I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.

Praise God!


My life is a living testament of answered prayers this week. It really has been. As frustrated as I have become because I can’t bring Abigail home yet I know it’s because God needs me to see the Spirit working around me and through people around me.

This was our prayers this week.

Money. We’ve prayed for it because I left my job as an accountant at Stryker to be able to stay home with Abigail and Nolan. With our family living on 2 continents the extra expenses to our attorney and additional airfare our savings is getting down to slim pickins. We also don’t know how long Jason will be gone so it’s difficult to budget the expense we are able to incur. Originally we budgeted for 4 weeks, I was gone almost 8 weeks and she’s not even home yet so we are WAY beyond budget.

This is how God answered my prayers this week.

Stryker called me this week and needs someone to help fill in temporarily. I will be going back next week just part time while Nolan is in the school. AMAZING. They were flexible with my schedule and sensitive of the time I will need with my son. Not to mention I’m helping with my previous job so I don’t have to train for anything new! What are the chances of that? Praise God.

Barb. Oh how grateful I am for Barb. We met her at a craft show last fall and have corresponded through emails over the months. Upon returning home she asked if she could host a bead party for me in her home in Grand Rapids. I was OVERWHELMED by the response of her friends. These people came out to her house, not knowing me but wanted to help support us. That was an amazing feeling. I didn’t know Barb very well before last night, yet she just wanted to help us. Isn’t that incredible? It was awesome to see the Holy Spirit work through her and I am forever grateful.

Deb, Kim, John, Jeff, Rich and Jill. These people offered to take beads for us to work and sell them. We have made over $1200 from them doing this for us. Amazing! Once again, here are some selfless people that just had it in their heart to help, they took the beads, did all the work, and made over $1200 for us. Again, the Holy Spirit was working through these people, they were able to reach people that we would have never been able to reach.

Lori. She is our dear friend that adopted from Uganda last year. She found a craft show and volunteered to take our beads there for us and sell them. She kept saying she just wanted to help. Unreal. Now I have another show booked in June and a partner to help me sell more beads!

I know this list can't even begin to touch everyone that has helped us. We have such faithful prayer warriors that pray for us diligently every week. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

It’s just amazing to me that Jason and I started to be concerned about finances and God opened those massive doors. He stormed down the insecurities we had. He didn’t send me a check in the mail, He didn't grant us the winning lottery ticket, He worked through OTHERS. I sometimes forget that through my prayers God will use other people, some we know and some we don’t know to blanket us in his love. I am so honored to share our testimony this week.

I will forever be humbled by the lengths my fellow brothers and sisters have gone to for Abigail and our family. When I feel discouraged I will be reminded of the deliverance of prayer that was shown to my family this week through friends, co-workers, and people we hardly knew. God is in us all.

Last but not least I’m posting pictures of Abigail and her new friends Kingsly and Emerson. This is the family that is fostering her in Uganda when I had to leave because of my foot. I just can’t say enough about how kind it was that these people were willing to care for Abigail. It’s such a blessing getting pictures and she looks SO happy. Again, the Lord brought us them to care for our Abigail and they were faithful to serve. Thank you Thank you Thank you Hornshaw family!

Blessings.

Heather

For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.  Psalms 149:4



No comments:

Post a Comment