I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Bittersweet Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. What an awesome day it is to celebrate!!!!

In all the celebrations today it felt a little bittersweet not to spend it with Abigail. I miss that little girl so badly and there seemed to be a small void today celebrating my motherhood without one of my children.

The pictures that I posted are of my favorites with Nolan and Abigail and the figurine is the gift that Jason and Nolan got me for Mother's Day. It's one of the the Willow Tree figurines and he had someone paint the little girl to look like Abigail. I bawled. I loved it so so much. I got the special homemade card and picture from Nolan made out of his thumbprints. Those gifts are just priceless to me, I love it when he is so excited to give me something that he made.

We started the day at church which was fulfilling as always. We were blessed again this week with more people wanting beads and blessing of money. It's UNBELIEVABLE to me the financial support that has poured in for Abigail. We had an inspiring young woman today give us a significant check.  We didn't know her but she testified that she's prayed for a year what to do with the money and she felt today God was telling her to give it to Abigail's adoption. We were shocked when we got to the car and looked at it. It actually was the last remaining amount needed for expenses in Jason's travel. That's God answering my prayers. And once again that's God working through others. PRAISE HIM!

As we celebrated this amazing day with family, we also felt a little sad in our hearts. We booked Jason's ticket back to Uganda from the parking lot of Sam's Club on Saturday and he is returning on Wednesday to beautiful Africa. I'm SOOO excited because Abigail gets to have her daddy back with her and at the same time I'm SOOOO sad because I feel like I just got home and we've hardly seen each other. It feels heartbreaking. I'm also a little jealous, Africa and Abigail is quite an amazing combo.

Emotionally I feel spent. I can't emphasize how difficult it has been internally to return. I rely on Jason so much emotionally and now it feels a bit lonely knowing he'll be gone and trying to adjust back into "normal" life. The difficult part is not knowing when he will be back. We need many many prayers for patience in this area. His return ticket is booked for mid August and that feels tragic right now. We will take it day by day for now.

The next few weeks, maybe months it will be just Nolan and I. I'm looking forward to mother and son time and I think we'll be tackling a few of our own adventures this summer. It's difficult facing the unknowns, but that's where we have our faith. I know that we are strong enough to handle the separation and we share the same love for Jesus Christ so it's through him we will gain in strength. The thought of all the household responsibilities all by myself is very scary, but I'm trying to stay focused on the enormous testimony I will have when this is complete. The minute Nolan and I see them walking off that airplane together, all this time apart will be forgotten.

Proverbs 31:10-12 and 25-31

A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Happy Mother's Day!

In Him,

Heather



2 comments:

  1. Heather, we are praying for you...saw Abby again on Saturday. She was so cute! When she saw Dorie, she started hopping up and down. She looked good, but I'm sure she's missing you like crazy.

    Let Jason know that we are still here...there's another dad, too, so I'll have to connect them when he gets here. I'm sure they could have fun hanging out with all their little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mr.Osborn this is Bubbles i wanted to say good luck hope your coming back soon so the class can meet Abby we all miss you though.♥
    -Bubbles☺☻☺☻☺

    ReplyDelete