I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Round Two....

OHHHHHH what a painful day it was today.  Taking Jason to the airport and saying good bye again felt like more than we could bare.  I am so tired of my family being split between two continents right now and our hearts just felt simply broken.  I am so tired of crying tears from all the goodbyes.  First it was saying goodbye to Jason and Nolan when I left for Africa, then it was goodbye to Jason when he came to Africa and had to return home, then it was goodbye to Abigail when I had to return home and now it's goodbye to Jason going to Africa again.  Hmmmmm........I'm seeing a trend here.

It was devastating to walk into the house tonight and having him gone.  It was so quiet and empty feeling.  One doesn't realize how important the entire family unit is until it's pulled apart.  I was standing in the kitchen today sobbing and Nolan said "Don't worry Mommy, I'll take care of you" as he hugged my leg.  Of course then I sobbed even more.  Nolan is taking his position of "Man of the house" very seriously :)  I'm so proud of him and how strong he's been in all of this.  However his little heart was broken as well, I found him crying in his room not 5 minutes after tucking him in to bed.  Between the sobs he said "I just miss Dad."

On the other hand, it's round two and we're going in swingin. We're fighting like crazy to bring that little girl home! I'm SO glad that Jason will be reunited with Abigail. It's a pretty solemn feeling leaving your child in a country and not being able to be there with them. It felt like a death. I feel so much relief know that she will have daddy with her. We are planning to eat a meal together over Skpe. That way we can see each other through web cams and feel like we are at last a full family. :)



BUT, the most wonderful news is that my friend from Canada got clearance to bring her children home after 11 months of fighting for them.  God has answered prayers today!!  Jason and I cried when we got the news and once again I am reminded that it is in His time.  So tonight I will rejoice with my fellow Canadian sister, the kids are coming home Mama!!

I'm taken back by the number of people that have offered their services while Jason is gone. From mowing the lawn to bringing meals over and babysitting people have been SO generous to us. Praise God for that.  I'm so blessed to have such a HUGE network of support here.

Tonight I take comfort in knowing that God has driven this entire journey and he is still at the wheel. I will continue to trust that this is all in his will and for his glory.  Until I see my beloved again he will be sadly missed. 

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."







--Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

  1. Mr.Osborn good luck hope you will be coming back soon so the class can meet Abigail :)
    -Bubbles ☺☻☺☻☺☻

    ReplyDelete