I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Good news comes in small packages

Today was a good day.  After anxiously waiting a week for some embassy things to get sorted out we were told we are "close" on the list.  I'm not totally sure what that means but it means I'm on a list and in someone's mind we are close. :)  I am hopeful we are within 2 weeks of Abigail and Jason coming home. 

Other than when we received full adoption, good news seems to come in small steps and in small packages.  So someone telling me I'm close that is enough for now.  I learned to be ok a long time ago not to get frustrated about the details so today we are going to rejoice.  Good news is good news and we'll take any of it we can get.

I continue to ask for prayers for my husband and daughter in Uganda.  We are so lucky to have such an enormous prayer team and such great friends.  I have had so many people from church, neighbors, friends, co-workers ask if I need anything or can help, I'm constantly invited for dinners or evenings out.  They keep me so busy I haven't had much down time!  For that I am so thankful, this is an emotionally devastating process and I'm lucky to have such great people to stand beside me.  I will keep this posted when we get any new information.  In the meantime it's a long weekend so we won't know anything until Tuesday.  Enjoy the holiday!

Thank you for your continued prayers and support!  They are ALMOST home.

No comments:

Post a Comment