I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

First week.............



WOW, this first week has been AMAZING. I'm still waiting for Abigail to have some transitional issues. Other than a couple of bed wetting incidents she just molded right in. As much as I hate to admit this I think all the additional time there was very beneficial in her coming and transitioning here.

Abigail is excited to learn all the new things here. She loves the pool and Walmart the best. Her big brother thinks its fun to have a sister to push around in the grocery cart and play in the toy room CONSTANTLY with. I am STILL in awe that she is here. I catch myself thinking this can't possibly be real!!!

Jason is also finding his way back as well. Re-entry from a third world country is SOOO difficult. We are all SO SO SO happy to be in the United States together, however there is part of us that miss Africa so much. I think we left part of our souls there.

God has blessed our family SO richly and I cannot say thank you enough for all the prayers for my family during this difficult process. We are overwhelmed with the amount of support and the amount of love that continues to pour over her. We are so excited to go to church tomorrow and present her to the congregation. What a big day for her to meet her family in Christ! Everyone at the church has been so excited for her and at last they will get to meet her! PRAISE GOD.

We got Abigail's social security number today, that was an AMAZING feeling.  She says, "I'm American!"

Here's some pictures of our week!  Abigail had her first experience with corn on the cobb!  She loved it!!  She is also insistent that even though she will not put her head under water she MUST have her goggles on.  My favorite is the shower cap, Abigail had just had her hair done. :)

Ahhhhh, what can I say.  I have the BEST life.

No comments:

Post a Comment