I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Well everything we had hoped wouldn't happen in our case happened today.  "Hang ups."  On the up side I know that everything will be fine but at the same time it seemed unbelievably devastating to hear of yet another delay.  It was 108 days ago that I left Uganda to pick up our daughter and we still are left with nothing but patience.  Jason is entering his 4th week of being there and I can see the frustration written all over his face.  It is SO SO hard to be there alone.

I found out yesterday someone said they were tired of my "Save the world" attitude and I was pretty taken back.  I'm just simply trying to bring my daughter home.  I'm really not trying to change the whole world, get any sort of unwanted attention.  I'm just trying to build my family and bring us onto one continent.  I guess I'd rather be accused of putting the needs of other first then for a lot of other things . I have no defense other than I am doing my best to be obedient to where I have been called.  AND as my Savior has so explained, I will be persecuted for my faith and persecuted we have been.  It will happen again and I'm OK with that because I will never be intimidated by those types of criticisms.

SO, I know I worship a BIG God and he would not want me to whine so I'm not going to.  He only has the best things in store for me and he is as faithful and loving today as he was yesterday, last week and the day I was born.  Today is just simply not the day the visa was suppose to issued.  Maybe it's Monday, maybe it's next week, maybe it's in a month but I'm relieved to know he has this all under control.  My only job is to remain faithful to him.  So as disappointed as I am, I continue to pray for peace in our hearts and anxiously await our Abigail to reach her forever home. 

My friend Julie sent me a scripture reading that made me feel SO at peace.  Thank you Julie!  It is this:

(speaking of the man/woman who fears the Lord) --
"He shall have no fear of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
his heart is secure, he will have no fear;
in the end he will look in triumph on his foes." Ps 112:7-8

Thanks for your continued prayers for my family.  I know in my heart that our Abigail will be home soon.  Delayed?  Yes.  But home soon.

Blessings.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are facing more delays. Praying for His peace that surpasses understanding to cover you and husband, praying that every hindrance is overcome, praying your precious girl is home so very soon!

    "We wait in hope for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you." Psalms 33:20-22

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are not trying to save the world, but just one person in the world. She will then change the world. The funny thing is, although people think the blessings are all for the child, we all know that they bless us so much more than we are blessing them. Sometimes people say dumb things, I'm so sorry. Keep up that good attitude! You have the Lord on your side and so many people praying for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that person is sad that he/she is not stepping out to make a difference. It is ok to want to make change in this fallen world. The thing is that we are all called to it; only some of us act on the call. You are doing an amazing job Heather, and so is Jason. Your blessed reunion is coming. The bible promises us that it won't be late by a single day. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete