I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

waiting.......still........

OHHHHHH how I hate waiting.  I feel like we have been waiting forever!  I've grown so accustomed to the nassau and stomach ulcers I don't even notice it anymore.  This is by far the most amount of stress I have ever endured. 

My orthopedic surgeon told me today there has been no progress on my foot and the planters fasciitis is now in my left foot as well.  PAINFUL.  He said, "Heather, you've got to stay off your feet so they have time to heal."  I was thinking, HELLO!  Do you know my life right now?  I'm a single parent, there's no way I can stay off my feet!  So I promised him I would try the best I could and he gave me this horrible walking boot I have to wear now.  NOT ATTRACTIVE!  Haha....that's the least of my problems. :)

Once in a while I find myself feeling like I'm going to lose my mind waiting for them to get home.  I just want a normal life again!!!  Every night I play over and over in my head what it will feel like when they walk through the doors of the airport.  I feel this overwhelming feeling of relief when I think about it.  Ahhhhh.....I can't wait to feel that relief. 

I'm so ready for Saturday morning breakfast with the 4 of us, church with the 4 of us, Nolan and Abby playing in the playroom downstairs, giggles and prayers before bed, and time with my husband......oh how I miss that simple thing.  I think I'm finally at a point where I can say, I can't take a lot more.  I am praying so hard for this visa appointment to go smoothly, I'm leaning on the Lord for my strength and I'm trying to think all the positive thoughts I can.  I think my husband also feels emotionally overwhelmed.  This week has been a hard week on so many levels for him and I'm praying for peace in his heart as he waits.

My Nolan has a large hole in his heart without dad.  He said last night while eating, "I just miss my dad, I miss wrestling with him."  We had a night of tears as he's just so emotional with one parent always being gone.

If anyone has Skype or would like to download it I'm requesting call Jason and send your wishes to him!!  I get so many emails and people saying "Tell Jason we're praying for him." Or "Say hi to Jason for us."  I wish he could hear for himself all the people praying for him!  Trust me, when you're sitting over there all alone it's SOOO nice to hear from people at home!  After a while you start to feel forgotten about and it's so hard mentally.  Jason's Skype address is mr.osborn1 and he's located in Muyenga, Uganda.  I just want to invite anyone to give him a shout out and you can meet Abigail too!  The best part is Skype is free to use!!!!  He usually has his setting on "invisible" so you have to just try and call.  Just remember Uganda is 7 hours ahead of Eastern time. :)  I just want to help keep his mind off of the big day approaching so it feels a little less stressful for him. 

Thanks to everyone for their constant encouragement and prayers.  We are so lucky to have such an amazing set of friends we now call family to support us.  Most of all thank you for caring about our Abigail so so much.  I can't tell you how comforting that is to know that so many people want to pray her home and ask about her constantly.  We're almost there!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys daily! Your Abigail has the best smile.................I know that feeling in your stomach and it stinks. I keep wondering if I'll ever feel normal again. Thanks for the support you and Jason have given us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family will be home soon, Heather! Hang in there! We got to give Abby a big hug yesterday just before we left. I know she's not far behind. Praying for you! Melissa & Dorie

    ReplyDelete