I am the daughter of a king, wife of the most incredible man, mother of an amazing boy born from my belly and mother of two beautiful girls and one handsom boy born in my heart. I am an African loving, adoption advocating, orphan loving, holy spirit filled, Irish football crazed, Jesus loving girl on a mission to provide a family that is a living example of what God's love looks like. Undefined by size, color or nationality bringing glory to him one adoption at a time.

Friday, June 18, 2010

THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our first car ride with TWO kids in the car!!!  Abby's first ride in a carseat!
Abby was ALL smiles at home!!
LOVES the baby stroller!
First Family Dinner via Pizza Hut!!


Abby Decided she didn't want to sleep in her bed alone so she got to spend her first night in Nolan's room in the bunk beds!!  It was a beautiful sight to go in there and see BOTH kids, fast a asleep......AMAZING

Our beloved church family at the airport........

With God's arms wrapped safely around them they are here safely and Abigail is playing with all her toys.  She said in the airport "where's home?."  So we are going to take some well needed family time over the next couple of days.  I had a photographer to take the pictures at the airport so I won't have those for a few days.  These are some snapshots from the day I took with my camera.  Enjoy!

Ahhhhhh..................I am so so blessed.  I am in heaven right now, I can hear Abigail's footsteps going up the stairs with her unbelievably excited brother.  My husband looks so exhausted but it's so awesome to have him home again.  I missed him more than I can explain.

Thank you everyone for the prayers that made this possible.  I pray God seeks favor on your lives and in your homes and he has in ours.

In Christ's name I rejoice and it's only because of him my baby is forever home!

Blessings,

Heather

7 comments:

  1. It was so great to watch you guys at the airport! And very emotional too! She is absolutely adorable! Congratulations.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, Heather, Abby and Nolan,

    So great to hear that you are home safe and to see how happy Abby is to be home. Miss having Abby running around here at Emmaus, but so glad that we got to meet you guys here in Uganda.

    I have come to know that one of the biggest blessings that comes from following God's call on our lives as individuals is the people He brings across our path in the process.

    Look forward to continuing to follow your journey :)

    Love,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness....look what happens when I don't read your blog for a couple days. I am sooo happy to see that you are all together. Butterflies of joy are fluttering in my stomach for you all.

    Jennifer French
    (Jason's guest teacher before Spring Break and neighbor growing up)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so overwhelmed with emotion right now. I feel so blessed to have walked part of the journey alongside you in Uganda, and I am in awe of our Father who loves our kids so much that He would have it all come together in such a way. I know that hard doesn't describe it, bleieve me I know, but every single breath and every single hour and every single day and every single dollar was worth it. I am overjoyed for you guys and can't wait to see you all again...hopefully in North America this time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise Jesus =)

    We were in the car at 4pm talking about what was happening at the airport!

    I knew she was going to love that stroller! How cool to see BOTH kids together in your photos.

    Can't wait to see you all.
    Soak up some family time!
    The Bronkemas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise Jesus =)

    We were driving in the car at 4pm talking about you guys at the airport!

    I knew she was going to love that stroller! How awesome to see BOTH kids together in your photos.

    Looking forward to seeing you ALL.
    Soak up some family time!
    The Bronkemas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather - My husband and I had the opportunity to meet your husband and daughter in Amsterdam. We had noticed them in the Entebbe airport as we were all waiting to board the plane (we are in the early stages of an African adoption, so we were naturally curious when we saw a white man toting around an African child). We ran into them at a coffee shop in the Amsterdam airport, so we introduced ourselves and your husband gave us a quick explanation of your story. It was truly a blessing to meet them, as your husband was so encouraging concerning our adoption plans.

    After learning that Abby was on her way to America for the first time, I couldn’t stop thinking about you guys throughout our flight home (we were not on the final flight with Jason and Abby, we were headed to Atlanta). My husband and I talked about what you must be going through and said a few prayers about your reunion. Jason told us about your blog so I sat down this afternoon and read it from beginning to end. What an amazing story! I am encouraged by your faithfulness and so thankful that you were able to journal your story so that others could be encouraged as well. We are so happy that you now have your family all on one continent!

    Happy Fathers Day!

    ReplyDelete